Just lately, I led a webinar to educate people my “Straightforward Achievements” Fundraising System. A person of the issues I shared was the 7 questions your fundraising plan Should answer. I believed you may possibly enjoy them far too, so right here they are.
1. How substantially income do we have to have to elevate? You need a certain aim for your approach. If you just want to “increase far more revenue” you are setting by yourself up for failure. Soon after all, how substantially is additional dollars? $1 more? $100 additional?
2. Exactly where will the dollars arrive from? You need to have a mix of earnings streams to assure the overall health of your group. Will you raise income from people today? Foundations? Functions? Really don’t established a intention without having recognizing exactly where you will increase the money.
3. Who will we request? Be precise. Who will you check with for cash? This receives into building lists of opportunity donors.
4. When will we ask? Make a calendar of when you will inquire. Involve grant deadlines, gatherings, and so forth. to get a entire photo of your calendar year.
5. How a lot will we question for? You have to have to think by the total you will request from every single donor. You may have to do a minimal exploration in some situations to come across out how significantly is correct, significantly if you’re functioning with important givers.
6. How will we stick to up on a present? You want to know how you will thank your donors, how you will steward items, and how you will make associations. Be proactive about this – not reactive!
7. How quickly will we ask all over again? Never be frightened to talk to several instances through the calendar year for a present. If you only question the moment for the duration of the 12 months, I assure you that you are leaving funds on the desk! If you are undertaking a superior job creating interactions with your donors, they WANT to aid the perform you are undertaking. Make it effortless for them by giving them various opportunities to give.